photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Cook onions in 2 Tablespoons butter in skillet until onions are soft but not brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Crush crackers (4 oz. is equal to one 1 sleeve).
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, 3 tablespoons milk and ½ cup cracker crumbs on bottom.
- Add onions and then cheese and crumbs on top. Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 350°F, uncovered.
- Note: I put a few drops of milk on top of crackers before I put them in oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My DH just raved over this onion dish; and if he's happy then I'm happy. In fact, I really liked them too, and I'm not a big onion fan. I cut back on the cheese to about 1/2 cup and that was perfect. I spooned the onions into a small pie plate which held the mixture very well and cut back on the cheese to about 1/2, which we thought was perfect. My Honey will be looking forward to eating these soon again, and I give you all the credit and thanks, Jac.