Onion Caramelized Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (I like Land-O-Lakes)
- 1 (2 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 7 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks or thick rings
- 3 -5 stalks celery (optional)
- 3 -5 carrots (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large stone baking dish (or of your preference as long as it is at least 9x13 and deep enough to accommodate the ingredients); melt the stick of margarine in the oven.
- When the margarine is melted, or extrememly soft, toss in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the dish out, carefully remove the foil (be mindful of the steam,) and stir the vegetables.
- Place in the oven (without the foil, this time) and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Join The Conversation