photo by Ms B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 loaf bread dough (frozen or made from scratch, I use bread machine)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 large bermuda onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Sauté onions in butter until limp and transparent, but not quite brown.
- Set aside.
- After dough has risen, roll out into rectangle, approx 18x22.
- Add Parmesan cheese and parsley to onion mixture and stir to combine well.
- Spread mixture over rolled out dough, to within 1 inch of edges.
- Roll up, jelly roll style, moistening edge to seal.
- Place seam side down, and bake at 350°F for approx 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This bread was great. I made it as a side to soup, but had several people stop by tonight (parents of trick or treaters) who sampled slices with a glass of wine. Mmmm. It was a hit. I used frozen bread dough, and hubby actually prepared this while I dealt out candy to the earlier trick or treaters. This will become a regular feature in our house.
Terrific bread, Elissaz! I served this with Box o' wine's French Onion soup and a salad. I didn't have any parmesan, so left that out, and I used my own wheat bread recipe to make it healthier. Fiance loved it, and I froze the rest. It is not only savory but beautiful. Thanks for recommending and posting!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>This is Sophie.....she's my constant companion, and the best thing the Easter Bunny ever brought us.</p>