One-Pot Chicken & Penne Parmesan
A quick, tasty one-pot recipe from the back of a bag of pasta.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast (boneless & skinless, cubed)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Melt the butter in 5-quart saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken, and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add the broth and heat to boiling, then add the pasta, vegetables and pepper. Stir to cover the pasta. Allow to boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 13 minutes (or until the pasta is tender), stirring every other minute.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the cream of chicken soup, the milk, and 1/2 cup of the cheese in a medium bowl.
- When the pasta is cooked, stir the soup mixture into the pot. Heat just to a boil, then sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe turned out good. I used a bag of frozen cauliflower, broc., carrots, zuchinni, and summer squash instead. Instead of mixing the cream soup with milk and cheese, I put it in the pan with all the ingredients and mixed it in. It turned out very well. My husband likes cheese, so we topped it with more cheese.Reply