OMG Hash Brown Waffles
My hash brown waffles are seriously OMG - not just good, but OMG. They are easy to make, arguably healthier than a typical waffle and gluten free. You do need a waffle iron for this recipe (not Belgian-style).
- Ready In:
- 24 ounces frozen unseasoned shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup diced ham (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, of choice
- defrost your frozen hash browns (you can use microwave to speed it up, make sure you use DEFROST though).
- preheat your waffle iron to medium-high (mine has a 1-5 scale for heat, I use 4).
- whisk eggs, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and chives. Place hash browns in a center of a clean kitchen towel, gather up edges and twist out excess water from potatoes. Stir well the wrung out hash browns, ham and cheese into the egg mixture. The mix will not be super wet (this is correct).
- when waffle iron is ready (mine has a green light that comes on), coat the iron (both sides) with cooking spray. Use a overflowing cup measure to add the mix to the waffle iron (you may have to spread it a bit with a spoon - it does NOT have to be perfect) and close the lid. Cook for about 6-7 minutes until brown and crispy (mine has a green light that tells me when ready, if yours does not just check it around 6 minutes).
- remove and serve with butter, sour cream and chives or even plain.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION