Olliebollen Dutch Doughnuts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe comes from Donna's friend's from Holland this recipe is probably 40 years old. They are delicious this recipe takes some time but is really easy to put together. I know that the taste is heavenly and worth it!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 3mins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water (105-115 degrees)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour (all purpose unsifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon (peel grated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple (large peeled chopped and tart)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup currants
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan scald the milk remove from heat.
- Add the butter and the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Stir until butter is melted then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer combine the yeast and water let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cooled milk mixture.
- Mix flour with salt the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and lemon peel.
- Add half of the flour mixture to liquid mixture beating until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the apple, raisins and currents.
- Cover bowl put in a warm place to rise until double in size about 1 1/4 hour.
- Bring 2 inches of vegetable oil to a nice rolling simmer 1 tablespoon of dough at a time until golden brown.
- "Do not stir down dough".
- Use a 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in bowl to roll doughnuts in to coat a very light touch is recommended.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION