Olive Oil, Herb and Garlic Bread
Once made and wrapped in foil, prior to baking, loaf can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
- Ready In:
- 35 cms long loaf crusty white bread
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut bread into 1.5 cm thick slices but do not cut all the way through.
- Place oil, lemon rind, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix well, brush over both sides of each slice of bread.
- Wrap bread tightly in foil.
- Place on baking tray.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or till hot.
- Slice all the way through and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a nice alternative to our usual garlic bread, it was the perfect accompanyment to the salad with vinaigrette dressing I also served- my DH said you had to alternate bites! I found a little sprinkle of kosher salt brightened up all the flavors, and I really like the lemon which was an unusual flavor in garlic bread. Made by one of your Wild Bunch mates for ZWT 81Reply