Olive Garden White Bean Salad
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners. The white kidney beans are pre-cooked for this recipe. This salad makes a wonderful appetizer along with toasted Italian bread slices.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups white kidney beans, rinsed well (canned or dried or cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked pancetta, sliced chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, small diced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a saute pan. Add pancetta and cook slowly over medium heat until crispy. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add rosemary and cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Combine red wine vinegar, tomatoes, salt, pepper, grated Parmesan, basil and 1/4 cup olive oil in a bowl. Add hot pancetta and onion to the bowl and allow to cool.
- Mix in the beans with the pancetta mixture and serve at room temperature.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil on top.