Olive Garden Pollo Limone (Lemon Chicken)
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (plus more to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high heat.
- Lightly coat chicken with flour shaking off excess.
- Cook in skillet until brown and nearly cooked through.
- Remove chicken and reserve on the side.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil to the skillet reducing heat to low.
- Saute green onions and garlic until tender.
- Deglaze the pan with broth and wine (scraping browned bits from pan).
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat (3 min).
- Add lemon peel and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.
- Cover skillet for 5 minutes over medium-low heat turning chicken once.
- Plate the chicken and top with sauce and parsley for garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very delicious. The sauce was very lemon-y which matched beautifully with the chicken breast. I thickened the sauce with corn starch after removing the breasts and the sauce was wonderful on rice. A really nice balance of flavours with the lemon, wine, and parsley! The key was browning the breasts and removing before quite cooked through and then finishing the cooking in the sauce, so that they were just barely cooked and therefore moist and flavourful!
this wonderfully lemony chicken was so tender you could easily cut it with just a fork. i had six half breasts so i doubled the sauce. i put the extra sauce on our rice and fresh asparagus, too. it was fairly quick to cook, but it took me longer than 15 minutes to prep. getting the chix washed, trimmed and pounded took some time. i couldn't prep the sauce while the chix browned because browning went quickly and needed my attention. next time, i'll prep it all early in the day. we all really enjoyed this fresh dish!
We were really looking forward to this recipe but I have to say we were disappointed. I made it exactly as written. The chicken was very tender and moist, however the sauce had a vinegar like flavor that was just a bit too strong. If I made it again, and I probably won't, I'd tweak this and add about 1/2 the lemon juice and lemon zest. That might make at a more delicate flavor.
This was really good. Tender and delicious. I used chicken tenders instead of whole breasts (fit in pan easier!). I did double the sauce. I had to use ReaLemon, so added a little extra since I didn't have lemon rind. Probably didn't need to do that. Also added some capers at the end. Fresh and yummy.