Olive Garden Penne Milanese
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked according to package directions
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Brown sausage in a pre-heated pan. Drain fat and set sausage aside.
- Add cream to the hot pan and continue to cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Add saffron and reduce sauce to the desired consistency.
- Chop sausage and add it to sauce.
- Remove cooked pasta from pot, retaining a portion of the water. Immediately add pasta to sauce and season with Parmesan cheese, salt and freshly crushed black pepper. (Thin sauce with pasta water if needed.).
- Transfer to large serving platter, garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION