Olive Garden Pasta Roma Soup
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 32 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minature bow tie pasta, cooked ale dente
- Add beans to food processor and process using on/off pulse until beans are well mashed. Scrape down sides as necessary. Reserve. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots, onions, celery and garlic and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add remaining ingredients except pasta and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally for 25 minutes. Keep warm. Add pasta to finished soup and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hearty vegetable and garbanzo soup with plenty flavour. I upped the garlic to 4 cloves and rosemary to 2 teaspoons and used double strength chicken broth. Liked the pureed chickpeas in the soup. Added uncooked pasta figures in the soup during last minutes of cooking and added some more liquid to thin it down to desired thickness. One of the best soups!
Having tried so many Olive Garden soups and finding all spicy to some extent I was surprised this one isn't..I made it for a Italian night dinner party I was having..Everyone liked it,but everyone had the same response that I did(it is lacking something)I do not know what..Still it was a good soup..
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am happily married to my best friend and we just bought our first house! No kids but we have 2 little dogs that we think the world of. I was born in California and although I have been on the East Coast for most of my life I am still displaced! I love the beach and hate the cold! In our free time we love to go to the beach or the mountains and hike or intertube down the lazy Shenendoah River. It is so beautiful there! I have loved to cook all of my life and will read cookbooks like they are novels! Participation & Awards: These are some of the fun games and clubs here at Zaar. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/ZWT3b.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">