Olive Garden Fettuccine With Shrimp & Zucchini
This is a recipe given to me one night when my family ate at the Olive Garden.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fettuccine, dry
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 lemon wedges
- 1 dash parsley, chopped
- Cut zucchini into 2 in by 1/4 in sticks.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and parsley.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini.
- Cook additional minute.
- Add shrimp, wine, salt, pepper and butter.
- Stir well and cook shrimp for 5 minutes or until they are no longer opaque.
- Add drained pasta to the mixture.
- Toss all ingredients to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use tongs to pull pasta onto serving platter.
- Top with shrimp, zucchini and seasonings.
- Squeeze two lemon wedges over dish; garnish with remaining wedges and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was indeed very fast to put together and had nice flavor. As another reviewer suggested, I added a pinch of red pepper flakes but other than that made it just as directed. I found it to be pretty oily though. Next time I would probably reduce the olive oil by maybe half (especially since you add 4 Tablespoons of additional butter)!Reply
see 5 more