Olive Bread (For the Bread Machine)
photo by racrgal
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (Iukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (can add a bit more if you like)
- 7 -8 g dried yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive (not the sliced ones)
- 2 slices onions (around 2 tbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove (pressed)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- black pepper
- First prepare the onion. Sprinkle the slices with salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then rinse and squeeze to drain. The onion will be softer and not as sharp tasting. Finely chop, you should have around 2 tablespoons.
- Pit the olives with a sharp knife and roughly chop.
- Add the olives, chopped onion, oregano, garlic and tomato paste together and grind in a little black pepper to taste.
- Set the bread machine on the basic cycle which is around 3 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer, (mine is liquid first then solid) and then add the olive mixture at the beep for extras.
- Bake with a medium crust or dark if you like it that way.
- This bread is wonderful with a Greek salad or spread with tarama or eggplant dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!