Old Time Hot Dish (Made Healthier)
photo by Lorrie in Montreal
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 -8 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces creamed corn
- 4 ounces frozen corn
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in an ovenproof skillet. Drain fat; rinse meat, if desired.
- To the skillet (with the meat), add onion, celery and garlic; saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 5 minutes or so.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except for cracker crumbs; cover with crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?