Old Fashioned Yellow Cake for 2
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great little cake for 2. Yuummmmyyy!!!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- yolk of 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease the pan and lightly dust them with the flour, tapping out the excess; set aside.
- Place the buttermilk and baking soda in a small bowl, and whisk until the baking soda is dissolved. Add the egg yolk, vanilla, and melted butter, and whisk to combine.
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Add the buttermilk mixture and whisk just until blended and smooth. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans, dividing it evenly between the them.
- Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Then run a thin, sharp knife around the edge of the pans and invert them to release the cakes. Place the cakes upright on the rack and let them cool completely.
- The unfrosted cakes can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days; or they can be frozen, well wrapped, for up to 1 month. Let them return to room temperature before frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION