Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie
Posted in response to a request. Use more strawberries if desired and add a little more sugar and flour. Other berries could be used with this versatile recipe found at www.allrecipes.com.
- Ready In:
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sugar, optional to sprinkle top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- Place one crust in a nine inch pie pan.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Mix flour mixture lightly with the berries.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pan.
- Dot fruit with butter or margarine.
- Cover with top crust and cut slits in the top.
- Seal and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle top lightly with sugar (optional).
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Tasty but way too runny. It was a mess to cut. I think not slicing the strawberries might help or just cutting them in half. I may try using tapioca flour next time I make this, mixing it with the filling ingredients and allowing the mixture to stand for 15 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.