Old-Fashioned Soda Crackers
- Ready In:
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, can sub butter-flavored crisco
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter til crumbly.
- Add water, stir just until mixed.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead til thoroughly mixed. About 3 minutes.
- Roll out dough, a fourth at a time, on well-floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 2" squares.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Prick 2 or 3 times with a fork, then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in preheated 350º oven for 20-25 minutes or til lightly browned.
Join The Conversation