Old Fashioned Shrimp Boil
photo by m_gubler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) bag seafood boil seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 garlic, bulbs halved
- 1 lb small red potato
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked removed and cut in half
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
- 2 lbs large shrimp, uncooked
- French baguette (for serving)
- lemon wedge (for serving)
- melted butter (for serving)
- Old Bay Seasoning (for serving)
- Bring 4 quarts water and first 7 ingredients to a boil in a 12-quart stockpot.
- Add potatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add corn and sausage; simmer 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cover, and turn off heat.
- Let shrimp sit 10 to 15 minutes to absorb flavor.
- Drain liquid, and spread shrimp boil out on a newspaper-covered table.
- Serve with baguette slices, lemon wedges, melted butter, and Old Bay seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.