Old Fashioned Onion Rings
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup club soda, cold
- 2 -3 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 -3 yellow onions, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- Mix flour, cornstarch, mashed potatoes and cayenne together.
- Add soda and let sit about 10 minutes allowing batter to thicken.
- Place Panko in seperate plate with salt to taste.
- Slice onions into 1/4 inch rings.
- Heat oil.
- Dip onion rings first in batter then in Panko and fry until done (about 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer to wire rack to drain.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"