Old Fashioned Gravy
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in sauce pan until bubbly; add flour and stir well. The roux will be thick.
- Add drippings if you have any (not needed, but makes the flavour deeper).
- Add chicken broth 1/4 cup at a time and stir well in between addings. Before adding the last 1/2 cup make sure that the gravy comes up to a slight boil as it will get thicker and thicker. Add the last chicken broth.
- You may find that you need to add more/less chicken broth - it will depend on how thick you want your gravy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste - remember to add enough salt to get the full flavour of the gravy out. The 3/4 tsp is what our family likes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!