Old-Fashioned Chicken and Rice (Oamc)
- Ready In:
1 9X13 pan
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, skinless, boneless breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley, fresh
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (with liquid)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In large Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover tightly and cook 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender.
- To Freeze: Place in labeled freezer bags; freeze.
- To Serve: Place into large skillet; heat over med heat until heated through. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!