Old Fashioned Blueberry Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine 2 T. sugar and water, pour over the blueberries and allow to stand 30 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, blueberry mixture, flour, raisins and preserves.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Desolve baking soda in buttermilk; add to batter and mix well, but do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8 inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 35 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar between layers and on top of cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>