Old-Fashioned BBQ Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry mustard, sift,removing lumps
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 (3 1/2 lb) broiler chickens, cut into 2 wings,2 breasts,2 thighs,and 2 legs (save rest for another use)
- 1 bunch watercress, for garnish (optional)
- whisk first 10 ingredients well in med bowl.
- Remove 1 1/2c of mix; cover& refrigerate.
- Place chicken in lg zip bag.
- Add rest of marinade, seal& toss to coat; Chill overnight, turning several times Oil grill rack; 4-5inches from heat.
- Prepare med.
- fire& place legs and thighs on for 10 mins& then add other pieces.
- Cover leaving vent open, cook turning often for 30-35 mins Internal temps should be 170 for breasts, 180 thighs, legs and wings.
- Heat sauce in fridge and brush each piece generously.
- Garnish with watercress.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I wish I could give this more than a 5 star rating. Its great!! Love the BBQ sauce. I did do alittle something different from what the recipe called for and that was after I had marinated the chicken in the sauce overnight, I baked the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes and than we put them on the grill until done. When finished I brush the extra sauce on the chicken and served it. I really recommend this recipe! It very good! Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!Reply