Okra & Tomatoes
An easy and tasty recipe. Best made with fresh okra and really good served over white rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb okra, fresh
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 15 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- Clean and trim okra just before cooking. Cut each okra in half lengthwise, if there are any pieces longer than 4 inches, cut them in half crosswise and then lengthwise.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep sided skillet over medium heat and add the onions along with the salt; cook until they begin to soften, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low and add the okra. Stir to combine.
- Cook, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation