Okinawa Soba With Stir Fried Vegetables
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- 200 g cabbage
- 1⁄3 piece carrot
- 50 g garlic chives
- 100 g deep fried tofu (atsuage)
- 100 g braised pork (see Okinawa soba for the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups pork stock
- 2 1⁄2 dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon awamori
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 200 g okinawa soba noodles
- 50 g bean sprouts
- Start by preparing the vegetables. Cut the cabbage into small pieces and slice the carrot into thick strips.
- Cut the garlic chives into about 5-centimeter pieces. Cut the atsuage into bite-sized pieces. For the pork, slice it into small strips.
- Heat a pan using medium-high heat then add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Put the sliced pork into pan then stir until it is coated with oil.
- Add the cabbage then stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Add carrot then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and the atsuage then continue stir-frying for a few more minutes. Add the garlic chives then stir-fry for about a minute then adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Mix the pork stock and the dashi stock in apot then bring to a boil. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce then adjust taste with salt. This will be the soup for the soba.
- Cook the soba according to the package instruction. Drain then rinse immediately with cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Put a serving size of soba noodles on a bowl or deep plate. Pour the soup on top then add the stir-fried vegetables. Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!