Oh so Creamy, Oh so Cheesy Taco Tot Casserole
- Ready In:
- In a hot skillet scramble fry the onion, minced beef and garlic - breaking up all lumps.
- Reduce the heat to 50% and add the vegetables, make sure they are chopped rather small (mexi-beans or kidney beans can be added if you so wish to this stage) and taco seasoning, fry for another 2-4 of minutes (until the taco seasoning become fragrant).
- Pour meat mixture into a greased 20x20 inch ceramic/pyrex casserole dish with high sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk the salsa, sour cream and creamed cheese (which has been well softened) and pour over the meat.
- Place tater tots over creamy mixture in a single layer all over (my son loves this job). Top with cheese (he likes this job too).
- Bake at 375oF (180oC) for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br />As a toddler, my nic-name was Pompom (my Poppy had a golf hat with a pompom and it was one of my first words, and it stuck as my nic name). My Poppy has long since passed, but I fondly remember him every time I log on. I'm a stay at home mum of four aged: 10, 8, 7 and almost 6. I have a severe egg allergy and am lactose intolerant, I enjoy working out ways to still enjoy food minus eggs and milk. I have been married for 14 years and have one very happy and well fed hubby.<br />My goal is to try one new recipe a week, for the past 8 years have achieved this. I own over 300 cookbooks, but no longer purchase them - but regularly print out recipes to try later.<br />When I am not cooking, I am busy household of 6 and going to the gym (to work off the wonderful calories I consumed the day before) and helping at school and church.<br />My philosophy in life is: as we have to eat, we may as well eat well.</p>