Oh My Chocolate Bark
This bark is so yummy flavored with orange zest and candied ginger use store bought or Recipe #102933.This is a good way to use left over melted chocolate. 2009 I added 2 ounces of caramel squares that I diced to the semi sweet chocolate. Toffee added to the white chocolate in 2009 as well. As you see this is a very flexible recipe. Swirling is key for the bark look. Taste is all up to you!
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, packed and diced
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 ounces caramels, diced (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon toffee pieces (optional)
- Melt chocolates in separate microwavable containers according to directions on bags.
- Mix almonds, caramel, and semi-sweet chocolate then place randomly in blobs on a cookie sheet with wax paper on it.
- Mix ginger, cardamom, toffee and orange zest with white chocolate.
- Then place in random spots among the chocolate.
- Swirl the two together to make streaks.
- Place another piece of wax paper on top. Then another cookie sheet to slightly flatten smooth. 2009 I used sil pads below and above the melted bark. It`s 20 degrees outdoors with 12 inches of snow expected so out goes the tray of bark to harden. ;).
- Chill till hard and break into pieces.