Official Scooby Snack (From the Kitchen of Shaggy)
I have never tried these but just love the novelty of having this recipe, so I thought I would pass it on to a braver soul then myself!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon walnut extract (optional, 1 oz of finely ground herbal medicine)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- If there is not enough liquid to mix all the ingredients after 5 minutes of stirring, add a tiny amount of milk to aid in mixing of remaining ingredients.
- Taste batter before cooking and adjust amount of sugar to your liking.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on how large you made your cookies.
- Can be cooked for a shorter time for chewier cookies, or longer for a drier, crisp cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I feel like how the other user 'Nyteglori' says.. - Ok, but nothing outstanding. I also tweaked the recipe a bit for my liking (watch under 'tweaks), but not that I think it made a huge difference.. I also left out 'the herbs', - and maybe that would have changed it a bit..? I think I was hoping for a bit more 'crunchy snack' like crackers or something.. I also made them smaller and ended up with like 70 or something.. When they're done - put them in the freezer for awhile to get a more crunchy snack - It made them alot better!Replies 1
Firstly - I don't eat/drink dairy, so instead of the two eggs I used potato flour mixed with a bit of water. Then I used like 4 dl. of almond milk And I think I added somewhat up to 1 dl more sugar. (I didn't have walnut extract, so I used real chopped walnuts) Also I used vanilla extract instead of real vanilla bean.. The photo shows how my dough looked before I put milk in..Reply