Oaty Banana Muffins
These muffins are made with oil instead of butter, but still taste great. My children love them, and it’s great as they think they are getting a treat and I know they are eating some goodness! They freeze up really well too. This mix will make about 24 mini muffins or 12 large ones.
- Ready In:
- 250 g plain flour
- 75 g porridge oats, plus a spoonful
- more porridge oats, for decoration
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 250 ml corn oil or 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Prepare a muffin tin with cases or butter and flour holes.
- Sift the flour, oats and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and salt together until pale and fluffy.
- Fold this mixture and bananas into the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the extra spoonful of oats over and bake for 15 minutes until muffins are risen and golden.