Oats and Peanut Butter Giant Cookies
Taken in a Coup de Pouce
- Ready In:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts or 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature M&M baking bits
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat peanut butter and butter. Add brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and mix until creamy and homogeneous. Add eggs and vanilla while beating. Add oats, peanuts and M & M chocolate. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Let drop dough, 1/4 cup at a time, on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving room of 4 inch between cookies.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for 15 minutes or until the sides of cookies are lightly golden.
- Put baking sheets on racks and let cool for 2 minutes. Removed the cookies and let cool completely on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent cookies that are easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser! I made these with regular M&M's, of which I only had 3/4 cup, so I used chocolate chips for the remainder. The nuts I used were peanuts, which I thought would amplify the M&M aspect of the cookies. These will definately go on my "make again" list! Made for Sweet Traditions Tag. Thanks for posting, Boomette!Reply
see 12 more