Oatmeal Salmon Patties
I have always made salmon patties & the family loves them, but I had to find a healthier way of making them, I figured, why not oatmeal?? Oatmeal is used in meatloaf and other dishes and oatmeal is good for you, much better than flour, right?
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans pink salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup quick whole grain oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- Drain both cans of salmon and remove skin and round bones. in a separate bowl, combine the eggs, egg white, diced onion, oats, basil and pepper. Add the salmon to the mixture and mix well (I get in there with my hands, but don't forget to remove your rings ladies!). Once it's all mixed, score out 8 portions and make 8 patties. Stick the patties in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to chill. In a black iron skillet fill with oil. Heat oil on med. to Med. High add salmon patties and cook on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with your favorite sides or try roasted red potatoes and carrots.
- This can serve 4 people with 2 patties per person or up to 8 people with 1 patty per person.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I made a half batch using one can of salmon and processed the oats a bit in a mini chopper to make them smaller. I used one egg & one egg white and added a teaspoon of fresh lemon zest. I appreciated the tips on forming the patties, chilling, and cooking in a cast iron skillet. I felt all contributed to the success of the recipe. I served with your Recipe #474085. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef. :-)