Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup bread flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 cups oats, not quick cook
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- No need to preheat oven yet, the dough needs to chill!
- Place the flours, oats, raisins, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine, make sure the raisins are coated in flour. Leave to one side.
- Place the butter and sugars into a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, and beat until light and fluffy - about 2 mins on med-high speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, scraping sides as necessary, and mix on medium speed until well combined and smooth.
- Tip in the flour mix and mix on low until a dough forms.
- Tip the dough into the bowl you measured the flour in and cover with cling film. Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350F and line 2-3 baking trays and, using 1.5tbsp cookie scoop, place dough balls 2 inches apart. Flatten them ever so slightly so they don't roll away!
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until risen and slightly puffy. They should be slightly golden around the edges and soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool on the trays completely.
- Once cool, cookies will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for a week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!