Oatmeal Flaxseed Cookies
photo by Slocan cook
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup brown flax seed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with a thin coating of butter.
- In a large bowl place butter and allow it to warm up to room temperature.
- Cream sugars and butter together until well combined.
- Add egg and stir until the egg is totally incorporated into the dough mixture.
- In a small bowl put the dry ingredients together and add to the egg and sugar mixture and combine until it is no longer sticky and comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, chocolate chips and flaxseeds separately to the dough and mix until the dough is workable and ready to handle.
- Put small amounts 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet and put into the preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cookies cool slightly and then remove them to a serving platter for them to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a single male who likes to cook and bake different foods and desserts for my main meals of the week. I like to be creative in my cooking and enjoy eating classic old favorites with a new twist to make them more satisfying for me to eat. Every week I have new recipes that I like to try and make for the first time with amazing results every time. </p>