Oatmeal Cookie-Bottomed Brownies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats or 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Position oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking soda; mix in softened butter with wooden spoon or electric mixer set on low until well blended.
- Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture; press remaining oat mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes (leave oven on).
- In a mixing bowl mix the brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened; stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter over partially baked crust; sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean (do not overbake).
- Transfer brownies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note