Oatmeal Cooked in a Rice Cooker
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups large flake rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 1/3 cup other dried fruit or 1/3 cup fresh fruit (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Put all the ingredients in a rice cooker.
- Turn it on.
- Go away, and come back in 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir once, as there may be a little moisture on top, and serve up.
- Be sure to use a wooden spoon.
- I like mine sprinkled with a little ground flaxseed, sugar and light cream.
Join The Conversation
Last night I made rice in my rice cooker and I wondered about oatmeal. Thanks for the recipe! It worked perfectly! Last night I measured out the dry ingredients and this morning I only had to add water and turn the rice cooker on. I have a very simple rice cooker from Walmart ($20) which only has a toggle switch for cook/warm. It has always cooked perfect rice and the oatmeal worked great too! There was water standing on top of the oatmeal when it was done but never fear! Just give it a stir and the texture is perfect. It's thick, not soupy. If you like it thinner you could always add some milk.