Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies by Noel Trujillo
This recipe is great for mothers who are breastfeeding. It helps to keep your milk supply up or increase your milk supply. Use more brewers yeast and oatmeal if you are wanting to increase your milk supply. You can use more chocolate chips if you like or any kind of chips.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 -4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats and chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Love these!! Just like the chocolate chip cookie recipe my family always uses, but with oats, brewers yeast, and flaxseed meal added. I was so happy that the flaxseed is totally unnoticeable and doesn’t affect the texture! I did reduce the flour by one cup since I feared they would be too dense. They came out perfect! Much better tasting and textured than the Mommy’s Milk lactation cookies that are way more expensive. Will definitely make again!