Oatmeal Banana Muffins
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (approximately 5 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 large paper baking cups
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line muffin tins with the paper baking cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and melted butter and stir until well mixed.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and fold just until combined -- do not over mix.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then complete the cooling on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!