Oat, Nut and Berry Breakfast Bars
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup egg creations original liquid egg, well shaken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup smucker's pure strawberry jam
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, chopped
- Preheatr oven to 350°F Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, flax, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pour into wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of batter evenly into pan and spread with jam.
- Add almonds to remaining batter and drop evenly over jam to create a cobbled effect (there will still be a lot of jam showing.) Bake 30 minutes or until golden and surface is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool in pan completely. Cut into bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.