Oat Bran Biscuits (Cookies)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These biscuits are quite plain by themself so need some icing or something to jazz them up a bit but in saying that they are great for a cheese platter.
- Ready In:
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup plain whole meal flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- Melt butter & golden syrup together over a low heat.
- Combine oats, oatbran, flour & sugar in a mixing bowl, stir in butter mixture & milk and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface then roll out dough to 3mm thickness.
- Cut out biscuits using a 6cm round cutter.
- Place on a non-stick or baking paper lined tray and prick well with a fork.
- Bake at 180.C for 10-15 minutes.
- If desired, spread cooled biscuits with your favourite icing & sandwich together.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION