Oat and Raisin Cookies
I got this recipe for a website (www.sistersinshape.com),and I found it very interesting ,and nutritional.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, cereal, rolled oats, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Mix to combine well.
- Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan, or in a large bowl in the microwave, heat the honey until it thins out.
- Remove from heat and stir in the applesauce, vanilla extract and raisins.
- Then, gently stir in the oat-cereal mixture.
- Drop the mixture onto a lightly greased (non-stick spray) cookie sheet (or a non-stick cookie sheet if available).
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies will appear undercooked, but continue to firm up as they cool.
- Let stand on sheet for a few minutes before removing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really tasty and healthy cookies! I'm so glad I found this recipe. They taste like a yummy bowl of oatmeal but in a portable cookie form. They're chewy and moist. The honey and raisins add sweetness and a pleasant flavor. I love the addition of cinnamon! I didn't add ginger because the amount isn't given. I only used 1/2 cup honey. I used puffed brown rice cereal(unsweetened). This is a keeper for healthy families on the go!Reply