Nutty Pudding Surprise
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar (use 1/2 cup for less sweetness)
- 3 cups whipped cream or 3 cups Cool Whip, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 6 cups milk, divided (use 4 cups if you want firmer puddings)
- chocolate shavings (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the crust ingredients (nuts, white sugar, flour and butter) together and press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding using half of the milk.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding using the remaining milk.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and one cup of whipped cream. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Into the cooled pie crust, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Top with the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese and then add the vanilla pudding. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the pudding mixture and sprinkle with the chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours. Serve on chilled plates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!