Nutter Butter Easter Chicks
photo by Kathy
- Ready In:
16 Easter Chicks
- 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 12 ounces yellow candy melts or 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts, with
- yellow food coloring (must be an oil-based coloring)
- 8 orange Tic Tac mints (beak)
- black decorating gel (eyes) or icing (eyes)
- wax paper
- Cut the Tic Tacs in half to form the chick's beak. Set aside.
- Melt the candy coating as directed on the package. I use the microwave. If using white candy melts, add enough yellow food coloring to get a bright yellow tint.
- Dip the Nutter Butter cookies in the melted candy coating, shake off the excess, then lay on the wax paper. Allow the coating to harden, about 10-20 minutes.
- Pipe eyes on each chick. Add eyebrows or eye lashes if you like -- I think it gives them more personality.
- Beak: Attach the beak using a bit of melted candy coating.