Nuts and Bolts Spicy Snack Mix
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 450 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml seasoning salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 15 ml onion salt
- 5 ml garlic powder
- 400 g pretzel sticks (one bag)
- 250 g salted peanuts
- 125 g almonds
- 125 g deluxe mixed nuts, no peanuts
- 520 g cheerios brand cereal (one standard box in Canada)
- 625 g shreddies brand cereal (one standard box in Canada)
- This is best made in a large, high-sided roasting pan, though two smaller pans can be used if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 250 F (125 C).
- Rub inside roaster(s) with garlic.
- Loosely mix nuts, pretzels, and cereals in the roaster(s).
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over low heat; add seasonings and mix well.
- Drizzle liquid seasoning blend over dry mix in roaster.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cook at 250 F for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely. Store in covered container.
- Stored at a cool temperature in large, tightly sealed containers, this confection will last several months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!