Nutritarian Blueberry Banana Ice Cream
photo by Anne Sainz
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas, ripe, peeled, broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1/3 cup other non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Peel the bananas, break them into 1 1/2 inch pieces and freeze at least 12 hours. If you cut them instead of breaking them, the pieces will stick together.
- When ready to make the ice cream, separate the frozen banana pieces and place in the blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-powered blender or food processor until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if it is too thick. CAUTION: This recipe requires a high powered blender (like a Vitamix) or high powered food processor so it doesn't strain when you put in the frozen fruit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In 2011, I saw a PBS Special, 3 Steps to Incredible Health by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It inspired me to change to a Nutritarian cooking style, which focuses on the nutrient density of the foods you eat. Since that time, I have been collecting recipes. I have found a few recipes ready to go but most of them were either too complicated for everyday use or needed some changes to fit with this eating style.