- Ready In:
14 large muffins
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour or 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 1⁄2 ounces sugar or 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 5 ounces butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces butter, melted (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter 14 muffin cups.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Warm the butter, cream, and milk just until lukewarm, then whisk in the eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon or a flat spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients just until mixed.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and lightly browned.
- Turn the muffins out onto a rack.
- Serve plain or dip each muffin in melted butter, and then roll it in the sugar mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!