Nutella Crunch French Toast
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 16 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 tablespoon per sandwich in pan)
- confectioners' sugar (dusting)
- strawberry, garnish
- blueberries, garnish
- maple syrup, drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 250°. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Take 8 slices of texas toast and spread about a tablespoon of nutella on each slice. Put two slices together to make 8 sandwiches.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, and vanilla. In another large bowl, add the cornflakes.
- Take one of the sandwiches and dip it into the egg mixture and then into the cornflakes covering the entire sandwich.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and melt one tablespoon of butter. Cook sandwich for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, place sandwich on baking sheet to keep warm in oven. Repeat process until all sandwiches have been made.
- To serve: put sandwich on plate. add strawberries and blueberries and dust with lots of confectioners sugar! Oh, and drizzle the maple syrup on top, of course!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I thought that this was a great recipe! Better perhaps as a brunch dessert, however. I had to use a few substitutions, such as plain sliced white bread, but it was fine. There wasn't really a need for the cream or vanilla essence, and I had a lot of trouble getting the cornflakes to stick, which was a problem. All in all, though, a lovely treat!