Not Your Usual Lemon-Artichoke Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a 10 inch frying pan, over medium high heat, melt butter. Add chicken in batches and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a 9X13 inch baking dish, and add artichoke hearts.
- Add Sherry, lemon peel, lemon juice to remaining butter in frying pan. Stir over medium heat until well blended and hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream and stir. Add capers if using them. Remove from heat and pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until sauce is bubbling and golden brown on top, 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!