Not Your Typical Green Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans or (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, reserving liquid
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and keep stirring until smooth and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, sour cream and mushrooms and 1/4 cup of the juice from the mushrooms.
- Add green beans and stir thoroughly to make sure the green beans are coated.
- Pour this mixture into a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Spread the cheese over top and sprinkle the onion rings over the cheese.
- Bake, covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I both love to cook. I love all the recipe websites and use them alot. We like to try new recipes.