Not Your Mama's Meatloaf(Vegetarian)
A company or holiday roast from the Micheff Sisters(Brenda Walsh), from the episode"With Thankful Hearts". They make great vegetarian food! I'm putting it here for safekeeping.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (Smart Balance is good)
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon mckay's beef style seasoning
- 1 -2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 -2 cup soymilk, as needed
- 1 -2 cup ketchup
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine margarine, onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, peppers and garlic. Sauté until onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine oats, nuts, seasonings and bread crumbs. Add the sautéed vegetables and lentils.
- Mix in soy milk as needed, until mixture holds together well.
- Spray a 5 x 9-inch baking pan and pat mixture down firmly. Spread ketchup on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION