Not Your Mama's Fish N' Chips (Halibut)
My daughter got the recipe from a friend. Living in Alaska we eat a lot of halibut. This has got to be some of the best!!!! It is quick and easy to make and a crowd pleaser.
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 lb halibut
- 4 cups sour cream and onion potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (if using alternate method, see below) or 2 eggs (if using alternate method, see below)
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse halibut and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish into large cubes or thick fingers.
- Add salt and pepper to melted butter, to taste.
- Dip fish pieces into butter and then coat with crushed potato chips.
- Place on ungreased baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky and opaque. Do not over cook.
- If you are watching your fat intake, use beaten eggs in place of the butter.
- Serve hot plain or with tartar sauce.
- **These make great appetizers when cut into smaller pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
When I stumbled upon this recipe, I had my doubts since for me it's always been beer battered/fried halibut for fish and chips. I tried this recipe anyway and I'M GLAD I DID!!! This is incredibly good! I used the melted butter recipe (as opposed to the beaten egg recipe), and that's what I'm doing today for dinner tonight. NUMMMMMMMMY!